Friday, 3 July 2015
Super Tasty 4 Ingredient Omelette
This recipe is so simple and great for breakfast, lunch or dinner...not many food items hold such versatility and take less than ten minutes to whip up.
For two people you will need:
5 medium eggs
60g of diced chorizo
5/6 medium mushrooms sliced
Handful grated cheddar cheese
1. Slice the mushrooms and fry gently in a frying pan. When they are soft drain any excess water.
2. In a bowl beat the eggs until they are nice and frothy. Add milk, salt and pepper as you wish.
3. Add the chorizo to the frying pan for a minute before adding the eggs.
4. Cook over a low heat for 4- 5 minutes.
5. When the mixture has hardened around the edges add the cheese and move the frying pan under a hot grill.
6. Cook for a further two minutes or until the omelette has risen; try not to over cook it as the cheese will loose it's gooeyness.
7. Now split in half and serve with what ever your heart desires.
We had this twice this week, once for lunch with just avocado and once for dinner with sweet potato wedges and salad. Both were delish! I definitely need to have more omelettes in my life, I can't wait to try some healthier versions too now that I'm over my Glastocoma.
© C'est la Vie Style. All rights reserved.